Whether you’re a college grad who’s embarking on a new journey in his life or a high school student who worked odd jobs all summer to save enough to buy his own car, sitting in the driver’s seat of your first car is an experience unlike any other.
Feeling the rev of the engine under your control, and the ease of mobility and independence that a car grants you is unmatched.
So why wouldn’t you want to protect your most valuable asset?
That’s where car insurance comes in. From protecting you against financial loss that comes from an accident or theft to covering legal fees in case of a lawsuit, auto insurance can go a long way in protecting you and your precious vehicle.
But if you’re buying auto insurance for the first time, here are a few tips and tricks that will help you out.
Understand the basics
There are primarily six different types of basic coverage that your insurance provider will cover.
- The Body Injury Liability will pay for the injuries you cause to another person with your vehicle in case of an accident.
- The Personal Injury Protection will pay for the treatment of injuries that you or any passenger in your car has incurred. It may also cover the cost of a funeral or lost wages.
- The damages that your car sustains in case of an accident will be reimbursed by Collision coverage.
- If you damage someone else’s property with your vehicle, the Property Damage Liability will cover its costs.
- The Uninsured Motorist coverage will reimburse the damages that you sustain if you’re hit by a hit-and-run driver or an uninsured driver.
- The Comprehensive coverage will reimburse the damage caused by an accident or theft. This can include earthquakes and fires too.
Know your state’s law
Did you know that each state has a different requirement for the minimum amount of insurance you need on your vehicle?
You should look into that before you go hunting for an insurance provider in your state. This will also help you figure out if you need to pay extra to get the coverage that minimum insurance doesn’t cover.
You may think you have the best deal on the table at the best price, but it’s always better to do your research and compare quotes from several auto insurance providers.
You can talk to representatives of several companies to find out how much they’ll charge for similar coverage packages.
This will also help you assess whether you need additional coverage other than the standard packages offered by the companies you’ve already talked to.
If you’re on the lookout for auto insurance in PA, get in touch with Gilmartin Insurance Agency!
We’re one of the leading providers of auto insurance in Lehighton, Jim Thorpe, Pittston, and Clarks Summit.
We help you compare packages from all of our insurance companies so you can receive the maximum amount of coverage at the best rate.
Get a quote by getting in touch with them today!